Skip to main content


By May 30, 2018April 9th, 2021Insurance

Is your child eligible for a good student discount? Yes

  • Must be younger than 25
  • Be enrolled full time at a high school or college/university
  • Maintain at least a B average (3.0 GPA) of be on the honor roll or Dean’s List
  • Copy of report card is needed

Is there a discount available if my child is away at school? Yes

  • If your child is away at school (over 100 miles) and your home is their primary address

When do I need to add my child to my auto policy?

  • Notify us when your child obtains their learners permit – most companies will not require adding the child until they obtain their actual drivers license, however, some companies will require the child is added once they obtain their learners permit.

Do I need insurance for my recreational vehicles (ATV’s. dirt bikes, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, camper trailers, golf carts, etc.)?  Yes

  • Homeowners insurance policies do not contemplate the exposures or activities associated with the use of recreational vehicles
  • It is best to insure recreational vehicles on their own policies to be sure the adequate coverage is in place for liability and property

Are discounts available on my auto and home policy?

  • Yes – multi policy, multi vehicle, good driver, good student, EFT, pay in full, advance quote. Claims free

How are claims handled?

  • You can call the office during normal business hours (M-F 8:00 am – 4:30pm) to report a claim and we will report to your company on your behalf.  If it is after our business hours, you can call us the next business day or you can report directly to your insurance company.

Does rental reimbursement cover me when I am traveling and need to rent a vehicle?

  • No, this coverage is for when your vehicle is damaged due to an accident, the coverage will reimburse you while your vehicle is in the shop for repairs

Do I need to pay for the insurance that is offered to me when I am renting a vehicle?

  • If you carry comprehensive and collision then you do not need to purchase.  You may find that it is easier to purchase the insurance from the rental car company and the ease of use with the rental company getting paid.  If there was a claim while using a rental car it would not hit your insurance, sometimes this coverage is also extended from certain credit cards.  

I have a 1% deductible on my home.  What does that mean?

  • If you home is insured for $400,000 your deductible is $4,000

Why should I purchase an umbrella?

  • Umbrella Insurance is liability insurance and goes over all of your policies.  Auto, home, motorcycle, boat etc. It offers additional liability coverage above the underlying policy limits. Umbrella policies are a great purchase when there are youthful drivers, you own your business or high net worth individuals.

Should I purchase water backup coverage?

  • Yes!  Most people think this is a basement only coverage, however, water back up coverage can come into play from a toilet, dishwasher or bath tub that overflows and causes damage to your home.

What is a COI?

  • COI stands for Certificate of Insurance. This is sent from an agency to a lien holder or additional insured to show the coverage is in force, show the limits of coverage, deductibles and dates of coverage.

Who needs Life Insurance?

  • Anyone that has a dependent, owes monies to a creditor, needs money for burial fees.  Life insurance is used for estate planning and is typically much less expensive than people think.

How do I apply for workers compensation coverage in Ohio?

I own my vehicle personally and it is used exclusively in my business. Do I need commercial insurance?

  • BAP –  An insurance policy that covers a company’s use of cars, trucks, vans and other vehicles in the course of carrying out its business. Coverage may include vehicles owned or leased by the company, hired by the company or employee-owned vehicles used for business purposes.

I love my insurance agency; how do I tell others all about them?

  • Thank you! The best way is to do a google review and post so that everyone can see.

I have a small business that I run out of my home. Do I need insurance?

  • It is recommended to purchase a BOP or Business Owners Policy. This would protect against liability and some BPP or Business Personal Property. Many policies are as low as $500 a year.

I drive for a ride share service. Do I need special insurance to cover me?

  • Many insurance companies now cover ride share by endorsement to the personal auto policy. It is best to check with your agent to see if your policy covers or if it needs endorsed.

I need an auto ID card after hours. What is the best way to obtain one?

  • Go to your insurance company website and create a user and password. You will be able to see invoices, print dec pages and print auto ID cards.